I’ve hinted a little bit about my time in Durban, but what else is in store for me after I wrap up at INDABA? More Durban! Then, I'm off to explore some additional highlights of South Africa with a small group put together by South African Tourism.
- Stays at the Table Bay Hotel and the Mount Nelson. Table Bay provides strong value when considering other properties at the V&A Waterfront, so I'm really curious how it compares to the Cape Grace and One&Only. I haven’t been to the Mount Nelson since Belmond took over management and can't wait to see what, if anything, is different about this classic Cape Town hotel.
- Cape Town touring, including some of my favorites like the Biscuit Mill, Jason’s Bakery, and the Hope Street Market. Have you seen my curated guide to Cape Town on AFAR?
- No trip to the Western Cape is complete without a stop in the winelands. I’m looking forward to tasting Nitida’s finest.
- I’ve traveled through the West Coast several times. Each time, I made a mental note to come back and stay at one of Paternoster's beautiful beach houses. This time, I'm in luck: I'll be spending a relaxing night at the Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel.
- I’m also looking forward to learning a bit more about the original inhabitants of this region at the Khwa ttu San Cultural Center.
- I’ll be observing the Big 5 at Thornybush Game Lodge, located a private reserve just west of Kruger National Park. They are known for their conservation efforts (and hospitality) so I’m very much looking forward safari and relaxing after a busy couple of weeks.