LET'S WORK TOGETHER
With my degree in geography and 10+ years experience in tourism and digital marketing, I have in-depth knowledge on content marketing across the travel/tourism and non-profit sectors. I cater to smaller brands that don’t have a big budget who are looking to share more compelling content.
My tweets as @onecarryon reach an average of 25,000 users and my Ink61 Love Rate on Instagram is 3%. I am a Level 6 Google Local Guide and my photos and reviews on Google+ have over 3.7 million views. Across the internet, my writing has earned over 3.4k shares. My Klout score is 60 which puts me at the top 10% of all social media users in the world. On LinkedIn, I'm most endorsed for my skills in social media, travel planning, destination marketing and sustainable tourism.
INTERVIEWS + PRESS
13 Locals in the Travel Mindset, Fathom
Partnerships Boost Bermuda's Summer Friday's Campaign, Event Marketer
Advice for Traveling Photographers, PhotoShelter
Top Travel Bloggers Who Have Full-Time Jobs, The Restless Worker
Living in Cape Town: Life in South Africa with Marie Frei, Fulltime Nomad
Brooklyn Brownstones: Top 10 Instagram Photos of Spring (#3, #9), Brownstoner
Ivory Belongs on the Front of Elephants, Huffington Post
A cheapskate's guide to Johannesburg, Traveller24
Writing + PHOTOGRAPHY
Guide to Cape Town, Chase Bank
Boston Copley Plaza, Westin Finds
Cape Town: Five Favorite Excursions, Artisans of Leisure
Many Voices, One Future: 2013 Annual Report "Apes Under Threat", "Turning an Expensive Problem Into a Lucrative Opportunity", "Nurturing the Seeds of Conservation", African Wildlife Foundation
More samples of my writing can be found on Contently.
CASE STUDY: ARDERNE GARDENS
I discovered the Arderne Gardens while living in Cape Town and love with its giant, exotic trees. It’s a place of historical and cultural significance yet often overlooked by residents and tourists. I joined the non-profit Friends of the Arderne Gardens (FOTAG) and am using my online marketing skills to help to put this South African Provincial Heritage Site on the map.
+ Building the Friends of the Arderne Gardens brand
+ Reaching 500+ organic likes on Facebook
+ Ranking #141 of 312 activities in Cape Town on Trip Advisor
+ Introduced a new revenue stream: online donations through GivenGain
+ Arderne Rising, feature story in Conde Nast House & Garden, February 2017
+ Feature in the Official 2017 Cape Town Visitor's Guide
CASE STUDY: TIMES SQUARE IVORY CRUSH
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service joined forces with several of the world's largest conservation organizations to hold a high-publicity ivory crush event in Times Square, NY. The African Wildlife Foundation asked me to shoot the pre-event party at Tavern on the Green and the main event the next day.
+ Live tweeted both events: 21 event-specific tweets with 917 Engagements, 52.9K Impressions (June 2015)
+ 1 blog post for the African Wildlife Foundation and 1 blog post on One Carry-On
+ Royalty free high-res images and video files delivered the next day
CASE STUDY: #NYisWILD
+ 125 Tweets, 21k Impressions on these campaign-specific Tweets (no paid promotion)
+ 7 unique blog posts (3.7k pageviews)
+ Created a video summary of my experiences
Some of the services I offer include:
- Visual Content Creation: Compelling photo and video content for your business or social media account. Rights managed and royalty free image licenses available.
- Instagram Takeovers: I create visual content and copy for your Instagram feed for a set period of time.
- Social Media: Account set-up and strategy consultation.
- Travel Advice for Travel Bloggers: Itineraries and recommendations in regions I know inside and out from my experience working in the travel industry.
- Press Trips: I write about my experiences and share them on my social media, my blog, and pitch stories about your destination to other websites.
- Hotel/Restaurant Site Inspections: I share my honest reviews with you and my readers.
- iPhone Beta Application Testing: I'll test your app and provide feedback about my experience.
- Brand Ambassadorship: A more long-term project to promote your brand. My Website Policy covers affiliations and gifts.